A Polish genealogical and historical memento KUNÓW PARISH BOOKS from 1592!
SCANS – KUNA PARISH BOOKS from 1592 !!
Parish Kunów nad Kamienna near Ostrowiec Świętokrzyski Opatowski deanery, Sandomierz Diocese
Parish Kunow on the Kamienna river, near Ostrowiec Swietokrzyski, Decanat Opatow, Diocese Sandomierz
CHURCH METRICAL RECORDS
Church Books Records from the year 1592.
period XVI / XVII / XVIII century
general condition: bad and not bad.
The files are incomplete. So far, the following books have been copied:
Scans / scans:
- book of births and weddings 1592-1625
- book of births 1643-1658 (90,4 MB)
- book of births 1658 – approx. 1697 1697
- book of births 1698-1767
- book of births 1768-1798
- book of births 1798 – circa 1810
- The village of Bór (20,5 MB)
- Bukowie village (9,2 MB)
- The village of Chocimów (also known as Kocimów) (10,4 MB)
- The village of Doły (16 MB)
- Janik village (21,7 MB)
- Only the city of Kunów (81,8 MB)
- The village of Małachów (5,7 MB)
- The village of Nietulisko Duże (other names: Mietulisko Duże, Mietelicko Duże) (22,9 MB)
- The village of Nietulisko Małe (other names: Mietulisko Małe, Mietelicko Małe) (21,8 MB)
- The village of Prawęcin (12,7 MB)
- The village of Rudka (other names: Rudnik, Ruda) (15,9 MB)
- Udziców village (8 MB)
- The village of Zagaje (also known as Małojadło) (4,6 MB)
- book of weddings 1657-1779
- book of weddings 1798 – circa 1870 (1832)
- Bór – 1798-1830 (10,2 MB)
- Bukowie – 1798-1838 (5,7 MB)
- Chocimów – 1798-1832 (5,7 MB)
- Doły – 1798-1869 (18,1 MB)
- Janik – 1798-1842 (12,5 MB)
- Kunów (city) – 1798-1870 (67,2 MB)
- Małachów – 1798-1870 (5,6 MB)
- Nietulisko Duże – 1798-1832 (15,8 MB)
- Nietulisko Małe – 1798-1869 (15,9 MB)
- Prawęcin – 1798-1836 (10,2 MB)
- Rudka – 1798-1868 (5,7 MB)
- Udziców – 1798-1841 (6,8 MB)
- Zagaje – 1798-1863 (2,3 MB)
- loose cards (files of annulled weddings?) (4,5 MB)
- book of the dead 1703-1766 (79,7 MB)
- book of the dead ca 1768 – ca 1790 (95,2 MB)
- book of the dead ca 1790 – ca 1796 (36,4 MB)
- book of the dead 1798 – circa 1810
- Bór – 1798-1810 (15,8 MB)
- Bukowie – 1798-1813 (7,9 MB)
- Chocimów – 1798-1810 (10,1 MB)
- Doły – 1798-1810 (11,3 MB)
- Janik – 1798-1811 (13,5 MB)
- Kunów (city) – 1798-1810 (74,8 MB)
- Małachów – 1798-1814 (5,6 MB)
- Nietulisko Duże – 1798-1810 (18,1 MB)
- Nietulisko Małe – 1798-1811 (17 MB)
- Prawęcin – 1798-1810 (9 MB)
- Rudka – 1798-1834 (5,6 MB)
- Udziców – 1798-1816 (7,9 MB)
- Zagaje – 1798-1818 (3,4 MB)
There are no other files from that period. Individual books are described in more detail in the “Monograph of Kunów on Kamienna” by x. A. Bastrzykowski (Krakow 1939) – pp. 9-11. The state from 1939 given there is the same as the present one.
Files from the nineteenth and twentieth centuries have been almost completely preserved and are in the parish archives and in the State Archives in Starachowice (probably also in the diocesan archives)
photocopies were made by:
Krzysztof Wojciech Fornalski
Webgaleria / webgallery Narodowa GA.PA
I am a family genealogist with love, so documents such as Ksiegi Koscielne Kunowskie are absolutely a rarity of family history for me.
Where did these books come from? Have you not thought about transferring these books to the archives, whether archdiocesan or state-owned?
Conservation work on these books would certainly be needed.
It is a pity that they would not survive the next hundreds of years.
It is very good that you made scans of these books, there is already documentation if the books did not survive. It’s good that there are people like you who have our history at heart.
Anna Karpinska, USA
Great job! I am an amateur looking for roots Karol Celejowski born around 1770-1774 in Kunów or Denków. Karol learned the pottery trade in Ćmielów, but after looking through the files of the author Jerzy Moniewski in the National Library, I did not find the name Karol.
I am asking people interested in genealogy for a hint whether there is a possibility of a similar access to the files in Denków.
Thank you very much and I admire the titanic work performed during the scans performed in Kunów.
Andrzej Celejowski W-wa